Monday, February 16, 2009

Twitter!

I'm on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/brendanbenson

If you don't have one, get one. And start following me. I'll return the favor.

I'll be posting lots of updates once I get to Helen, Georgia next week. I'm going down there for a University of Michigan Cycling training camp. We have 23 people on the team heading down for the week. We're going to do the six-gap century, three-gap, Hog Pen - Brasstown - Jack's - Unicoi, and other miscellaneous rides. It's going to be a great week - especially since I'll be able to ride and recover every day without worrying about school or business.

I'll also be doing the first races of the season at Murray State University in Kentucky on February 28th and March 1st. The road race is 64 miles, which should be sufficient enough to separate those who have and have not trained this winter. I still can't decide which camp I'm in. I guess I'll find out in Georgia!

Right now, I'm just trying to get some work and studying done before ditching the morbid state of Michigan. 50-degree weather and clean roads sound so nice right about now.

4 comments:

Timothy Finkelstein said...

I too am on twitter and fully addicted...I will start following you.

Also, I too am headed to Helen in GA. We've been riding those roads every spring break for the last 5 years. They are great roads with great climbs. 6 gap is awesome. Also, Helen is a "german" themed town so bring your lader huesen. (spelling?)

BrendanBenson said...

Yep, I've been there for the last two years for spring break. The climbing down there is great. It's perfect early-season training.

Timothy Finkelstein said...

Couldn't you find a twitter profile photo without Luke in it? Or at least crop him out?

BrendanBenson said...

Haha! I'll have to do that.