Saturday, June 14, 2008

Allen Park Criterium

Well, Allen Park was kind of... meh. The legs weren't feeling strong and I started the race on an empty stomach so I couldn't put out any power. I tried to bridge to a few early breaks with no success. The winning break went off when I was chilling in the back and then the group split up. I ended up just getting in a little pacing workout in the back until I rolled off the front the lap before the promoter pulled us.

My teammate, Bruce, ended up 5th after ripping out a spoke from his rear wheel in the final sprint.

I'm looking forward to some track racing tomorrow and this week as well as the Rockford Criterium. Criteriums in flat office parks (e.g. Allen Park, BTR Park) aren't really my thing.

4 comments:

TheBrothersChase said...

no bikefest for you?

Doug said...

Yeah, flat crits just don't cut it if you can not sprint. I can not sprint so I got back of the pack.

Cruise said...

Agreed, flat round crits are stupid. Hills are where it's at!

I'm still debating between Stoney Marathon and Rockford. Both are races I really wanted to do this year..

See you at the track tomorrow. I'm gonna be dead, I went for a 55 mile mtn bike ride after the race today..

kwoz said...

believe me, i am tempted. i'm losing interest in this whole job/real world thing.