Monday, August 13, 2007

First Real MTB Ride Since Last Year

I rode at Pontiac Lake today. It was my first time riding an actual trail since last year. I've been sticking to the road and track all this year, so it was nice to change things up a bit.

I took it relatively easy for the first half of the first lap, letting John and Blaine ride behind me for a while. It took a few miles to get back into the rhythm of mountain biking, but it wasn't like I had forgotten how to ride or anything... I ramped up the pace a bit for the rest of the first lap and felt pretty good going into the second lap. I fell on the first left turn of the downhill after the first major climb, but got back up and dusted myself off, with no real injuries. Now that I think of it, that was probably the first time I've gone down all year.

The second and third laps went by pretty quickly, but I was feeling some pain in my right shoulder by the end of the last lap. I think my shoulder was still sore from the Madison races in the International 3-day. It was bad to a point where I had trouble turning the steering wheel on the drive back, and I could feel a tendon popping in and out of place. It got better, though when I let it rest for a few hours.

After I got back, I went over to Sam's house to film some of his movie, Devil's Night. It was pretty fun, but we didn't get done until 2AM after getting stopped by the cops once and Cranbrook security once for looking really suspicious while we were filming. However, we got all of Evan and Jesse's parts done, so it should be pretty easy to finish up the rest of the movie.

1 comment:

Pete Hall said...

Hey just reading your posts back logs and realized that you totally jinxed yourself in this post. You said, "probably the first time I've gone down all year"
Then you proceeded to crash silly.